Monday, July 12, 2010

To Start a Blog--To Catch a Loaded Otter

I've done it. I intend to share my poems, maybe funny pictures, maybe thoughts, but mainly poems. Enjoy, whoever happens upon this.


Jefferson’s Joke


I sit on top of the hill

in the darkness

and it smells like summer

so I roll up my pant legs

and begin skipping around

the top of the hill

and singing nursery rhymes


that I don’t quite remember

so I make up most of the lines


Jack and Jill

went to the paper mill

to catch a loaded otter


I encourage the others

to skip but they don’t

do that sort of thing

they say


they also say

that’s not how that goes

in regard to my nursery rhyme


it’s no matter though

it smells strongly like summer

and I’m glad that I could

roll up my pant legs at least


I’m a new type of animal

that you don’t know about

because I don’t exist

yet


you can sometimes see my shadow


it fits perfectly inside your shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment