Monday, July 12, 2010

"Money, fuck you. you don't really exist. I take it back. I need you to ravish me." -Matthew Rohrer, from A Plate of Chicken

Let’s Get Something


In a minor setback

we were lost at sea


it happened in a moment

a boat sank

a plane crashed


that doesn’t really matter


we happened upon an island

and I tried to convince you

that we were completely marooned


when the tugboat came

to take us to the other

side of the river

I refused


I tried to convince the tugboat

driver that we were completely marooned


he told me it was only a few

hundred feet more to the other side


I was convinced he was a mirage

and that the other side was a mirage

and now that you must have been

a mirage


sure that I will die soon

I send you short messages now


I put them in a bottle

like I see them do in the movies


O how my ribs scratch my lungs


O how it makes my voice raspy


O how the needlepoint needs straightening

No comments:

Post a Comment