Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I crawled under the table to pick up my to-do list & when I did I was completely alone." -Mathias Svalina, from Destruction Myth

Perspective from Below



I’m sitting in a room

and the walls and ceiling

are coming in to crush me


I’m not sure about

the technical aspect of this


it seems like an architectural

marvel of some sort


I should compliment whoever

built this house

to always be dark

and to have a room to crush

when the walls and ceiling get

in close enough


when the time comes

I think I’ll put my arms out

and I’ll bend my head

to the side

and push with my legs

against the floor


either that or I’ll curl up

on my side and rock slightly


it depends on how brave

I’m feeling when the time comes


I can’t see the room really

it’s far too big


it’s walls are somewhere

over the horizon


the ceiling is somewhere

far above me


but it’s there

I’m sure of it


and it will crush me one day


No comments:

Post a Comment