Sunday, July 25, 2010

"I look all night but you swim with flow charts written miles from here." -Julie Doxsee, from Objects for a Fog Death

Well I Don’t Know



All the birds are coming together

converging is a better word

for the piles of bird-food


only that these aren’t piles of bird-food

I try to tell them


these are hundreds

of rabbits


these are bears

all hibernating


these are different types of trees

growing in the forest


this is me and this

is my shadow


this is your finger

and it’s in your nose


the birds don’t understand me

they all swoop down


hawks vultures penguins pigeons chickens

every bird


and they start

with the rabbits and bears


the forest is devoured

soon enough


you’re devoured

soon enough


and now all the birds are

advancing on me slowly


the kings of this new world

covered in bird shit


and I pray that they don’t eat me


but I wish they would just eat me

No comments:

Post a Comment