Friday, August 6, 2010

"There is nothing looming in the world like snow on the hill in the air." -Seth Landman, from The Wild Hawk the Sea

Procedure



I went out hunting for you

while you went out hunting


for me in the taller than wide

skyscrapered city and most


people were alarmed to see us

carrying rifles and wearing


sunhats but I assured them

that it was all right we are


in the Serengeti and there are lions

and this amused the businessmen


and I climbed the tallest

building in the heart of the city


and I found you at the top

or you found me first


and we both roared like lions

and pointed our rifles


at each other and shot at

the exact same time and the


bullets collided headfirst into

each other so we reloaded


and shot again and the same thing

happened and this went on


until we ran out of bullets

and we complimented each other


on our hunting prowess

then put on suit jackets and suit


pants and tossed our sunhats

off the top of this tallest building


and we like to think that

the hats landed on some


businessmen’s heads and that

this amused them

No comments:

Post a Comment