Monday, August 2, 2010

"The knives are what hold him together. It is the notes that are slowly killing him." -Zachary Schomburg, from The Man Suit

Accidents



I felt like a child

and so I started


playing hopscotch

down the road


it began to rain

so I yelled


let it flood

right through

to my bones


and continued playing


but this rain was strange


it was liquid

but all the water

that landed


on me stayed where

it landed and began

weighing me down


eventually there was

a tower of rainwater

looming above me


threatening to crash

down on all the people

on this road


all staring at me


but I feel like a child

and so I play

hopscotch


because I just

don’t know better


or that’s what they’re

all telling me


in a strange chant

over and over


ah

dult

ah

dult

ah

dult


maybe if I keep playing

the water will crash down

like a huge tidal wave


and soak them

through to their bones

No comments:

Post a Comment