Sunday, August 8, 2010

"A hotel in which one tangos in silence...In which children confide in imaginary friends." -Charles Simic, from The Voice at 3:00 AM

Barking in the Dark



I tried to travel through time

by clenching my fists


and kicking my legs

and closing my eyes


as hard as I could

and holding my breath


and I wanted to go back

to that day when I learned


about time travel

because it wasn’t until then


that I figured out about memories

and that to change them


time travel would be necessary

and I got up


after my another failed attempt

and I walked to my room


and I shut my door

and I sat down in my chair


and put my legs up

and put my arms


behind my head

and it was then that I figured out


that memories aren’t anything

more than thoughts and that


thoughts aren’t anything more

than putting my arms


behind my head

and why don’t you sit like me


on no chair

in no room


with no door

No comments:

Post a Comment