Friday, August 27, 2010

"A bright green apple being where my heart should." -Tao Lin, from You Are A Little Bit Happier Than I Am

Cheering



I couldn’t take my eyes off of the photo of the little blind fox. It was walking through snow, comically towards a tree. I can’t be sure that his fox instincts kicked in after the photo happened and he dodged the tree, or, like any other clumsy, blind thing, he simply ran into it, found his bearings, and continued on his journey. I showed one of my colleagues the photo. How do you know the fox is blind one said. By the way he stares into my eyes. I know he can’t see me I said. You’d better just get back to work one said. Isn’t it the most amazing photo, though I said. I took the photo home with me to show my wife, Doreen. Doreen looked at the photo as if it were a used tissue. How disgusting she said. What, the beautiful, blind, little fox I said. This is a photo of you from a few winters back, running through the snow blindfolded she said. I looked at the photo, and the fox had taken its blindfold off, and was looking at me with a knowing look. I ran into the tree the look said.

No comments:

Post a Comment