Sunday, August 15, 2010

"It took me months to trace myself back to myself as I'm my own father and mother." -Natalie Lyalin, from Try a Little Time Travel

Hangar



As the rain clouds move

over my expansive garden

I think good and watch as

the drops begin to fall


and it’s then that I notice

the plants bobbing up and down

all in unison to some sort of

ancient beat that I can’t quite hear


and I wished that I could just

hear it and I start to move

to what I think it may be


but this feels strange to do

in front of my family


so I go out into the rain

and join the plants

and attempt their bobbing movement


and my neighbors all look

out of their windows

and slowly shake their heads

seemingly in unison but


it’s no matter I think

that I’ve found it so I laugh

hysterically and spin and

spin until I fall and it’s then


that I notice the moths


under the leaves of each

of the plants one per leaf


all beating beating their wings

and all telling me to be quite


and my neighbors pity me


while I'm busy pitying them

No comments:

Post a Comment