Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"With a name like that you are going to have accidents." -Eric Baus, from Tuned Droves

Poppies



I went out to look for somebody. I wasn’t sure exactly who I was looking for, but it was somebody specific, I knew. Ah, I’ve found you I said to the first person I passed, but I knew this wasn’t right. Excuse me the man said. Never mind, I was mistaken I said. What’s this about he said. Oh, I’m looking for somebody specific, but I’m not sure who I said. The man thought this over for a moment. Can I come along and help you out he said. I don’t have anything to do today, and I just don’t know what to do with myself. The man seemed sincere. Sure, any help would be great I said. We walked around, searching the crowds of faces for somebody until it grew dark. We found an alleyway and we settled there to sleep for the night. Are you sure that I wasn’t the person you were looking for the man said. How could I be sure I said. We fell asleep thinking about everything we wished we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment