Friday, November 5, 2010

"I haven't disappeared. Yes, that's for sure. I haven't disappeared. But who is that." -Matvei Yankelevich, from Boris By The Sea

Darling



I go hunting for deer. This isn’t unusual; I hunt for deer practically every day. As I sit, hidden and camouflaged, I notice an infant crawling in the distance in between a few trees. I watch it through my scope and begin to look around, to see if there is anybody watching it. I see another baby a few feet away, crawling like the other. They are crawling towards me. I see another, and another. Soon, I see hundreds of babies, all crawling towards me out in the middle of nowhere, emerging from the trees like an army. I lay my rifle down, and walk towards the babies, unafraid. The babies surround me and grab my legs. I fall, and they all begin to bite me with their toothless mouths. It is a surprisingly soothing and relaxing death.

No comments:

Post a Comment