Friday, September 10, 2010

"Putting an end to the world when I lower my eyes." -Paul Eluard, from Capital of Pain

Ashes



“I remember the seamless waves

crashing over and over


my front lawn into

my front door all


over my front room.”

“I remember the feeling of all


the moths’ little delicate wings

breaking as they crashed into


my then larger ever larger

body I’ve shrunk.”


“I remember how the air felt

pressing down upon me as


I lay on top of a hand with

another hand on top of that


hand like a clap but I’m

the clap and it’s of air.”


“I remember the pinprick of

the trees falling left and


right all over around me

all because of me but


not me specifically

more my gravitational pull


not like planets but like

other celestial bodies.”


I remember finding the books

with this scribbled furiously


in the margins and the

other parts of the page left


blank to stare at me

and haunt my dreams.


I dream of white space

because it was me not you


or it was you not me

or there is no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment