Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Cannot Go To This Restaurant Anymore But I Cannot Wait To See You Again


I cannot go to this restaurant anymore but I cannot wait to see you again

My feet are wet as I watch the electrical outlets

The song finishes in four minutes and thirty seconds

It takes four minutes and thirty seconds to convert electrical signals into feelings

I open a door and place feet on top of a table

I sit in the chair and stare at the clock as it moves forward then moves forward again

and slowly go blind

I sit in a chair on the top floor of a tall building and feel ridiculous for feeling so tall

The feeling in my stomach is the feeling of children playing hide and go seek

The game where nobody hides and nobody seeks and there are no children and there is no

stomach

I find hair and eyelashes that aren’t mine all over my bed

I think of that time you told me that you couldn’t help tickling the backs of my eyes with

your spaghetti fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment